Location: Washington DC/Baltimore Metro area
The Controller is an integral leader in the organization. They will lead the Accounting team in providing critical decision support at all levels of the organization through accounting, financial reporting, and other financial modeling. S/he provides a risk management voice to leadership regarding policies and operational decisions. The position oversees the team in designing and implementing timely accounting and financial reporting essential in the support of business and strategic investment decisions, and for monitoring the performance of the organization’s programs and supporting services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Strategic Leadership & Governance Support
- Compliance & Risk Management
- Accounting Operations
- Financial Management
- Policies & Systems
- BA in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- CPA is required
- 7-10 years of professional experience managing accounting, budget, and financial reporting operations for non-profit organizations
- Proficient in the design and maintenance of accounting and financial management systems, internal controls, finance policies and procedures development, and business planning and analysis
- Non-profit accounting a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration across departments
- Experience with and commitment to working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment
This role offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
For immediate consideration, please contact Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.