Location: Washington DC Metro area
The Controller is an integral leader in the organization. They are responsible for the complete financial functions of the organization. Working closely with the internal and external stakeholders, they will provide strategic and accurate financial information. Reporting directly to the CFO, they will oversee the accounting and finance department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct financial strategic and multi-year planning for the enterprise
- Hands on responsibility for accounting and financial staff and overall operations
- Monthly and annual reporting of the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, budget, and taxes
- Managing a portfolio of grants and contracts, foundation and corporate grants, and private donations
- Managing banking, investment manager, and other vendor relationships
- Ensuring appropriate internal controls and adoption of industry best practices
- Hands on and point person for the annual audit
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- CPA is required
- Must have at least five years of supervisory experience and eight to ten years of progressive experience in finance or accounting
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation
- Strong GAAP knowledge and demonstrated familiarity with non-profit accounting practices
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in grants management and reporting on foundation and corporate grants to funders and required external reporting
- Demonstrated ability to apply innovative and resourceful solutions to solve complex challenges
This organization offers excellent salary commensurate with experience and full benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please contact Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.