Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client, a non-profit healthcare organization in the DC Metro area with 10,000+ members is seeking a Communications Manager to join their team. Working closely with the Director of Membership and organization leadership, the Communications Manager will develop and implement various activities to enhance the organization’s brand, reach prospective members, increase membership engagement and support the internal activities of the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The Communications Manager will develop strategies to exhibit the organization’s brand, members, policy, advocacy and achievements using various media outlets and will identify new opportunities for presentation. They will develop and create content related to current events and will assist in sending e-blasts, writing newsletter, fact sheets, news briefs and magazine production.
The Communications Manager, in collaboration with leadership and staff, will develop and produce organizational print and digital materials The Communications Manager will work closely with the team to manage schedules and production workflows, develop the design and layout of organizational materials, update the website and assist in social media presence.
The Communications Manager, working with leadership and staff, will develop and implement marketing strategies to promote the organization activities internally and externally using various online, digital and print tactics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or similar field.
- 5 years experience in marketing, communications and media – Web and digital marketing preferred.
- Non-profit social and digital communication experience.
- 2-3 years managing multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to work well collaboratively as well as independently with excellent prioritization and organization and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of the following preferred: Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, Adobe, InDesign, Hootsuite, Canva and similar e-mail marketing tools.
For immediate consideration, please contact Liz Smith at email@example.com (843) 834-2921 or Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.