Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client is an investment firm located in the DC metro area that is looking to hire an Asset Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively manage a portfolio of 20+ preferred equity investments in commercial real estate assets with a focus on hospitality and multifamily sectors.
- Provide oversight of the construction of the assets to ensure projects are completed on time within budget.
- Review, benchmark and analyze asset-level financial data and keep informed of the dynamics of each market area to develop a strong understanding of the assets and their respective markets.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end summary reports for senior management.
- Manage monthly investment draw requests process with development partners including review and approval of monthly draw packages.
- Prepare semi-annual investor reports.
- Review, understand and ensure compliance of management agreements and loan documents.
- Review and manage operating budgets, capital budgets and marketing plans.
- Annual travel to the properties to inspect the facilities, meet with management and tour the market areas and competitive set of assets.
- Keep informed of industry trends and how such trends may impact the Company’s portfolio.
- Manage and track potential exit strategies for Company’s investment into each asset.
- Provide brief quarterly summaries of all past projects to the Investor Relations department.
- Assist the Investor Relations department in answering questions on past projects from investors or their advisers on an ongoing basis.
- Join meetings with investors or their advisers to discuss the performance of past projects on an as-needed basis.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Marketing and Corporate Communications departments to discuss project updates.
- 2 to 5 years of commercial real estate asset management.
- Concentration in hotel and multifamily operations is preferred.
- 4-year degree with experience in commercial real estate.
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills, as well as comprehensive knowledge of commercial real estate operations.
- Comprehensive understanding of the construction process and management of monthly draw requests.
- Team player, organized, and strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and ability to multi-task.
- Strong writing skills.
This role provides an excellent benefits package along with a competitive salary.
For immediate consideration, please contact Liz Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 834-2921 or Mia Chisholm at email@example.com or (301) 996-9275.