Accounts Payable Supervisor
Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client, a dynamic and diverse consulting firm in the DC Metro area, is actively searching for an A/P Supervisor to join their team.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leading accounts payable functions by accurately setting up vendor accounts including collection of W-9s, coding expenses, and recording and paying invoices in a timely manner.
- Prepare ACH and hard check runs on a weekly basis.
- Manage and process credit card payment of vendor invoices and reconcile monthly statement.
- Manage approval of monthly firm credit card activity statements. Manage employee expense report final review/approval.
- Coordinate with Operations departments with regards to vendor accounts/invoices.
- Serve as point of contact for vendor billing accounts. Maintain electronic vendor files.
- Administer firm SmartBenefit and parking accounts.
- Manage monthly DC sales tax submission.
- Aids in preparation of year-end information such as expense accruals and 1099 information.
- Work with Assistant Controller to ensure efficient workflows and internal controls.
- Conduct and lead special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of accounts payable experience.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Previous experience in a law, consulting or similar firm is desired.
This role offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please contact Liz Smith at email@example.com or (843) 834-2921 or Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.