Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client in the DC Metro area is looking for a full time Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will report to the Chief Administrative Officer. The ideal candidate will have experience in budgeting, accounting and financial reporting. They will also be detail-oriented and hands-on. Our client is a well-respected non-profit organization for whom the Accounting Manager will play a critical role as the organization continues to grow and evolve.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all accounting and finance functions: Month end close, account reconciliations including fixed assets, investments and other balance sheet accounts.
- Main point of contact for audit preparation including creating all schedule for the PBC list.
- Review and produce all monthly and annual reports and statements.
- Support compliance efforts as related to the preparation and filing of Personal Property Tax Return, forms 1099-MISC, Unclaimed Property reporting, and IRS Form 990.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5-8 years experience with general accounting in a professional office environment.
- 3 years in a non-profit organization required.
- Sage 50 experience is preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
For immediate consideration, please contact Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.